Creating and signing in for a Microsoft Hotmail account
On the Microsoft Hotmail sign-up page
- Open any web browser on your computer screen, type “signup.live.com” on the address bar provided and you will be automatically redirected to the Microsoft sign-up page.
- Click on “Sign up now” option which will be on the right of the sign-up page that has opened. You will be redirected to a form for filling in the details for the account.
- Enter your full name and then go on to select a username. In case you have a Gmail account, you can also use that as a username for signing-in.
- Create a password next which is at least 8 characters long. Reenter the same for confirmation.
- Enter your country, birth date, and gender last. The fields for these informations are in the form of drop-down options. So, just click the down arrow to the right of the text boxes and select
- Verify the information you’ve given including your number, your country etc. Check out the characters that you see are given in the box below the phone number. This is a Captcha and enter it in the field next to it. This is done to ensure that you are a real person.
- Finally, click on “Create Account” option at the bottom. After that, go back to the previous menu and sign in the account entering the same credentials.
- Visit OneDrive first of all. It is the cloud service of Microsoft, which you can access on your mobile device or on the PC and has a lot of storage space. Open a web browser tab and type “onedrive.live.com” on the address bar gives. Hit Enter and then, you will be taken to the OneDrive website from there.
- Begin creating a Microsoft account as you did before by following the steps given in the first method.
- Enter your full name and then select a username as you did the last time.
- Create a password by following the previously stated directions.
- Enter your country, birth date, and gender last choosing them from the drop-downs.
- Verify the information given such as the e-mail id or the phone number as you did before. Insert the Captcha.
- Finally, click “Create Account” at the bottom. You have to verify the email address (username) you entered. For that, open the email sent to the email address you registered as username and click on the link given there to confirm. After that, you can enter the same credentials and sign in the account.
On a Windows phone
- Access Xbox firstly. Scroll down on the home screen of the Windows phone till you find the green Xbox tile. Now, tap it to open the Xbox Game screen.
- Swipe the screen to the left and you will be shown an option reading “Join Xbox or sign in”.
- To Begin creating an account, tap “Join Xbox or sign in”. You will then be informed on the screen that you will need a Microsoft account to sign in. Tap “Sign in” at the bottom of this message and the next message that appears will ask you to sign in into an account or create one. Tap “Create one” to proceed further.
- Enter a Microsoft email address that you wish to keep and when you’re done doing that, tap “Next” at the bottom to continue.
- Create a password and verify it to go to the next screen. Enter an alternate email address for safety and recovery purpose.
- Back up your Windows phone too to keep the data safe from being lost.
If you are an individual with multiple devices, then with your Hotmail account in hand, you can use Microsoft OneDrive information anytime and anywhere only a click away. This is a really great medium for you to manage your work, time and space efficiently. After that, you can use the same credentials and sign in the account.